Dan Lawrence: England batter to affix Surrey from Essex - CayPress

Thursday, June 15, 2023

Dan Lawrence: England batter to affix Surrey from Essex


Dan Lawrence has scored 551 runs over the course of his 11 Test matches for England, with 91 his highest score

England middle-order batter Dan Lawrence will leave Essex to join Surrey on a three-year deal at the end of this season.

The most recent of the 25-year-old’s 11 Test appearances was in March last year, but he was included in the squad for this summer’s Ashes.

He has scored 5,898 runs at an average of 35.96 in first-class cricket.

“It is with a heavy heart that I will be leaving Essex at the end of this season,” he told the Surrey website. external-link

“Essex is the county who taught me how to play the game, developed me as a person and allowed me to play the sport I love professionally.

“I’m excited for the new challenges the 2024 season will bring when I take the field for Surrey.”

Lawrence made his first-class debut for Essex in April 2015 aged 17, and has gone on to make 13 centuries and 28 half-centuries in red-ball cricket.

He has also scored 1,902 runs at 25.70 in T20…



The post Dan Lawrence: England batter to affix Surrey from Essex appeared first on CaymanMama.com.



from CaymanMama.com https://ift.tt/UCyv5Vb

No comments:

Post a Comment